Ana içeriğe atla

How to Lose Weight Without Losing Your Mind

2016-02-15-1455543605-6149198-happiness824419_1920.jpg

STRATEGY 1: Stop Weighing Yourself Daily
I know this one may sound counter-intuitive, but hear me out.
Here's the deal with the scale: Relying on it as a progress indicator can literally drive you to tears and panic if you watch those numbers like a hawk daily.
What I'd like you to do instead is to pick one piece of clothing that you cannot presently fit into, but want to wear with confidence and comfort, and use that as a means to gauge your progress. Pick something that's made from stiff fabric (like cotton or heavyweight denim) and doesn't stretch.
This way, you don't have to waste time being a slave to the number on your scale and as a result, will have more energy to focus on eating healthily and exercising with purpose to get to your goal.
I'm not saying that weighing yourself is bad for you (it's not)--seeing those numbers shift downwards significantly can be a huge motivator, but it's not going to happen overnight.

STRATEGY 2: Know Why You Want to Lose Weight
Here's one question I'd like you to answer before you move on: Why do you want to lose weight?
Consider these two different answers to the same question:
Sarah: "I want to lose 30 pounds because my friends say I should."
Jason: "I want to lose 30 pounds because I'd like to be able to play with my kids without losing my breath and having to sit down just 5 minutes in."
If you've guessed that Jason will be more likely to reach his goal, high five. Jason's goal is stronger than Sarah's because it's tied to a reason that's bigger than what he weighs and how he looks.
It's tied to his relationship with his kids. This makes it so much more powerful and meaningful than wanting to lose weight because his friends think he should (also, what his friends want have nothing to do with what he really wants).
Your turn: What's a weight-loss goal that will drive you forward instead of dragging you down?
STRATEGY 3: Let Go of Your Obsession With Clean Eating And Calorie Counting
The problem with trying to eat clean 100% of the time is that it isn't just unrealistic;it's also unhealthy.
And, counting your calories while you're out to dinner with friends and family is...well, I don't want you to be that person. Plus, over time, it can become a tedious, tiring chore.
What's worked for me is this: Listening to my body. I listen to what my gut is telling me (there's a reason why your gut is called your body's second brain) before, during and after a meal.
By doing this, I'm able to eat whatever I want without:
• having to look at a calorie counter,
• weighing my food, and
• feeling guilty about my food choices.
Even at times when I've had a little too much to eat (it happens, we're all human), I instinctively know how to get back to a state of balance the next meal, the next day or the next week.
STRATEGY 4: Eat Mostly Whole, Fresh Foods
When it comes to heavily-processed foods like donuts, cupcakes, French fries, pizza and ice-cream, the verdict is, without a doubt, in: The more of the stuff you eat, the more of it you crave for.
There's nothing wrong with you, and there a way to break your overeating habit: By replacing the foods that trigger the addictive pathways in your brain, with ones that don't. This means eating mostly whole, unprocessed foods like leafy greens, beans, whole grains, poultry, meat and seafood.
I'm not saying that you have to banish the sweets and pastries from your life forever (I don't plan to stop eating cupcakes and croissants any time soon)--just eat less of them, don't keep them in places where it's easy to go overboard (like say, your home).
STRATEGY 5: Love You
As cliched as it sounds, this is the ONE thing that got me to stop eating to numb my emotions and start eating to nourish my body.
I realized that by choosing to use and abuse food (and in the process, loading a lot of stress on my body), I was also reinforcing my unhealthy, destructive eating habits, and the stronger they got, the worse I felt.
So what did I do? I started taking one healthy, nurturing step at a time, literally. I was so unfit that all I could do was walk. I fixed how I ate, one meal at a time--reducing my addictive food portions by a several spoonful from week to week and substituting them with foods that did my body good. I learned how to be kinder to myself. I took more time out for me so I could replace emotional eating with action-taking, and grow in mind instead of body.


Source:www.huffingtonpost.com

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Ten Signs He Really Loves You

1. He Looks Into Your Eyes When You Talk This sign is all about the body language. If he looks into your eyes when you talk, you know he is paying full attention to you. Obviously, this is not always practical for every conversation, especially if you are driving somewhere. However, whenever you really want to have a heart to heart discussion, he gives you his full attention, by turning his body towards you, and watching the expression on your face. This is a sign he wants to know what you are really thinking. 2. He Wants To Know About You  If your boyfriend asks about your past, your dreams, your desires (not just sexual), your wants, your needs, how you feel inspired, what you love, or anything about you that relates to your thoughts intimately as an individual, you can be very sure that he wants what is best for you. This is a very good indication he loves you.  3. He Gives You Cuddles and Caresses  While touch is more important to some people than others, casual touches

What You Should Eat Depends on Your Blood Type

Do you think knowing your blood type is only important in the event of a transfusion? Think again! Research indicates that your blood type is a key genetic factor that influences many areas of health and well-being.  Throughout your life, you’ve probably observed that some people tend to lose weight more easily, while for others, their weight is an ongoing battle. Or wondered why some people are plagued by chronic illness while others stay healthy and vital well into their advanced years. Very simply, the answer is in your blood type.  According to the blood-type diet, there are 4 blood types: Type O – the oldest blood type Type A – agrarian Type B – nomadic Type AB – modern How your blood type determines your diet and predicts your susceptibility for certain diseases.  Research has found that individuals of certain blood types may be at a higher risk for certain diseases; studies have found that people with blood type O have a lower risk for heart dis